The Governance Committee Terms of Reference are to:
• Advise the County, and its member clubs, on regulations rules and procedures
• Conduct periodic risk audits and advise the Officers on compliance
• Advise and monitor aspects of player safety and safeguarding.
• Act as the Disciplinary committee for the County, oversee disciplinary procedures; appoint & retire Disciplinary Panel members and chairmen; provide training opportunities and support for panel members
• Advise on refereeing matters and liaise with the London Society of RFU Referees and with all of the County’s other stakeholders, as necessary
• Monitor and advise on smooth running of the County including aspects of PR/County communications, arrangements for administration, archives and support of clubs with club development and support a fixture exchange.
• Liaise with other stakeholders
• Support and advise other County Standing and Sub-committees as required.
• Promote the ethos and core values of rugby football
Chairman: Nigel Orton email: NRO@latymer-upper.org
Secretary: Mick Collins
Welfare Officer: Andrew Smart
Safeguarding Officer: Gerald Davies email@example.com
Senior Clubs Liaison: Ivor Montlake
Archivist: Brian Martin
Disciplinary Secretary: John Rigby
Assistant Disciplinary Secretary: Gavin Hindley
Referee Liaison: Fred Ellis
The Discipline Panel meets weekly on Mondays throughout the season, with six members acting as chair of a panel of three. They deal with most discipline matters at level five and below.
John Rigby (Chairman)
Reports of ‘ordering off’ should be submitted to John Rigby within 48 hours of the event either by telephone 020 8866 2704 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools discipline is dealt with by the head-teacher and youth discipline by the club, with both instances reviewed by the Schools’ and Youth Disciplinary officer, Caron Evan-Evans, email: email@example.com