The Governance Committee Terms of Reference are to:
• Advise the County, and its member clubs, on regulations rules and procedures
• Conduct periodic risk audits and advise the Officers on compliance
• Advise and monitor aspects of player safety and safeguarding.
• Act as the Disciplinary committee for the County, oversee disciplinary procedures; appoint & retire Disciplinary Panel members and chairmen; provide training opportunities and support for panel members
• Advise on refereeing matters and liaise with the London Society of RFU Referees and with all of the County’s other stakeholders, as necessary
• Monitor and advise on smooth running of the County including aspects of PR/County communications, arrangements for administration, archives and support of clubs with club development and support a fixture exchange.
• Liaise with other stakeholders
• Support and advise other County Standing and Sub-committees as required.
• Promote the ethos and core values of rugby football
Chairman: Nigel Orton email: NRO@latymer-upper.org
Secretary & Referee Liaison: Mick Collins
Welfare Officer: Andrew Smart
Safeguarding Officer: Gerald Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Senior Clubs Liaison: Ivor Montlake
Archivist: Brian Martin
Disciplinary Secretary: John Rigby
Assistant Disciplinary Secretary: Gavin Hindley
The Discipline Panel meets roughly fortnightly throughout the season. Its members unless listed above are not part of the Governance Committee.
Nick Alway*, Andy Brooks, Inigo Churchill, Mick Collins, Fred Ellis*, Gavin Hindley*, Barnaby Hone, Bill Johnston*, Brian Martin*, Nigel Orton*
* Accredited Discipline Panel Chairmen